Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- work alongside experienced staff
- gain job-specific skills
- earn a wage and get holiday pay
- get time for study related to your role (usually one day a week)
Apprenticeships take 1 to 5 years to complete depending on their level.
Take a look at the following links to find out more about apprenticeships:
- Find an apprenticeship – Search and apply for an apprenticeship in England
- A guide to apprenticeships – produced by the National Apprenticeship Service
- A parents guide to apprenticeships – produced by the National Apprenticeship Service
- Parents’ Pack Apprenticeship Information – June 2019 – a helpful information pack for parents produced by the National Apprenticeship Service
- Amazing apprenticeships – discover exciting apprenticeships, explore resources, live broadcasts and vacancy snapshots.