Labour Market Information
The world of work is continually changing and you may wonder what future employment opportunities will look like. Looking at future trends, the area around you, and the different ways in which we work can help you to plan your future career.
What is the ‘labour market’?
Labour market information can tell you:
- The number of people in certain types of jobs
- What jobs and skills employers are looking for
- Which industries are recruiting and where they are located
- Growing or declining job areas and general employment trends
When thinking about your career ideas it is useful to consider what is happening in the labour market; consider what is happening around you and always have ‘back up’ ideas.
(World of Work – Leicestershire booklet – produced by LLEP)
Take a look at the following links to find out more about employment trends and sector growth in Leicester, Leicestershire and the East Midlands:
- Guide to the local labour market – The Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP) labour market guide for young people and adults.
- World of Work Guide – Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP) – labour market guide for young people. This booklet summarises different work sectors across the LLEP area, numbers of people employed in those areas, which jobs are in demand skills that employers value and suggested links to find out more about working in that sector.
- East Midlands Labour Market Information – information about employment trends, sector growth and current job areas in Leicester, Leicestershire and the East Midlands.
- Labour Insight Reports – Leicestershire (September 2019) The Labour Insight tool provides valuable up to date labour market information that can be used to support people with their career and job choices. The reports show the types of roles on offer and the types of skills employers are looking for.
- LMI for All: Careerometer Widget:
The widget can be used to explore and compare key information about occupations help of learn about different occupations and identify potential careers. It provides access to a selection of UK headline data relating to pay, weekly hours of work and future employment prospects for different occupations, as well as description of the occupation.
Top 20 Jobs of the Future
Click the link to find out more Top 20 jobs of the future