31st March 2020
We are over the moon to share the news that our academy has once again been rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. Inspectors visited the school on 8th and 9th March and grilled students and staff on the quality of education, behaviour and attitudes, personal development, and leadership and management.
Rightly so, the inspectors left no stone unturned and challenged us at every opportunity. At the end, they were absolutely blown away by the evidence presented to them. All areas received an outstanding judgement.
This is even more of an accomplishment considering the inspection was carried out under the new and more challenging framework and that Ofsted has downgraded the majority of ‘outstanding’ schools nationally in the first round of an inspection shake-up.
Rushey Mead has a long-standing reputation for outstanding outcomes, achieving consistently well above national average. However, the new framework takes a more holistic approach which measures success outside of exam results, so the inspection allowed us to showcase the breadth of our achievements.
It was an absolute pleasure to tell the inspectors about:
- our ambitious curriculum which meets the needs of all our learners
- our drive to give all students access to a wide and rich set of experiences
- our strong leadership and moral compass to do best by our children
- our high behaviour expectations which mean students enjoy coming to school and feel safe
- our excellent pastoral team who help nurture and care for our students
- our relationship with families and the continued support they give us
- our staff who work relentlessly to ensure our children are making exceptional progress
- our collaboration with our TMET family of schools
- our vision for our children to compete with those from the very best schools in the country
Throughout the inspection, our students were the stars of the show. They displayed maturity at every level. We are extremely proud of how they represented the school, themselves and the entire school community.
We could not have achieved this without everyone’s support, and we would like to thank our whole community, our fantastic children and our dedicated staff for their hard work and commitment, which has helped to make Rushey Mead Academy a special place to learn, work and succeed.
We leave you with the full report which you can read here.
We would also like to congratulate Orchard Mead Academy which had an Ofsted inspection in February and was rated good – a real achievement given the robust new framework.
Well done to our friends and colleagues at Orchard Mead Academy and the entire Mead Educational Trust Team who continue to go from strength to strength through collaboration and teamwork.