Why do we have an academy uniform?
We believe that the new uniform will play a valuable role in contributing to the positive ethos of our academy, setting an appropriate tone.
- It enables students to wear clothes appropriate for working in safe and aspiring environment.
- It clearly signals our high expectation of students and our strong work ethic, instilling pride in the school.
- It protects children from social pressures to dress in a particular way, nurturing cohesion and promoting good relations between different groups of students.
- It helps students to prepare for their futures in the world of work, where dress codes are usually expected.
- Our uniform is used to identify us in the local community and the students wearing it reflect the academy motto of Making a Positive Difference.
Our new uniform is available from Uniform Direct. Uniform Direct, 54-56 Humberstone Gate, Leicester, LE1 3PJ, 0116 2511844. Uniform can be purchased from the Uniform Direct website – https://www.uniform-direct.com/acatalog/Rushey-Mead-Academy.html