Rushey Mead once again, achieved outstanding outcomes for students in terms of attainment and progress when compared to national averages. These are a testament to the hard work and perseverance of students and staff over many years.
The headline value added and progress scores have consistently been outstanding for many years:
- In 2016, the school achieved a progress 8 score of +0.48 which ranked it in the top 8%.
- In 2017, our Progress 8 score was 0.75, showing students achieve nearly a grade better across eight subjects than students with similar starting points in other schools. The attainment 8 score across eight subjects was 52.09.
- In 2018, our Progress 8 score is once again outstanding at 0.75 and the attainment 8 score across eight subjects was 53.00 well above the national average.
- In 2019 the school achieved a progress 8 score of +0.96 and the attainment 8 score across eight subjects was 54, well above national average and continued the school’s trend of outstanding results.
- In 2020 the school achieved a progress 8 score of +0.83 and the attainment 8 score across eight subjects was 54, well above national average and continued the school’s trend of outstanding results.
Headlines Results 2021:
|% achieving grade 9-5 BASICS (Maths and English)||56.9|
|% achieving grade 9-4 BASICS (Maths and English)||73.7|
|% entering the English Baccalaureate subjects||71.1|
|% achieving 5+ English Baccalaureate subjects||37.6|
|% staying on in Education and employment||99.16|
The cohort of 2021 have done something amazing and completed their schooling in the face of a global pandemic with long periods of self-isolation over the last 18 months. This has been an incredibly demanding two years and we are immensely proud of all our students and what they have achieved during these unprecedented times. They have shown resilience and determination and worked incredibly hard to make sure that they are personally ready for the next stage of their education.
As always, there were some exceptional individual performances with three students achieving grade 9s in all of their subjects! Nine students achieved a remarkable grade 9 in both English and maths.
With regard to the EBacc suite of qualifications, 129 students achieved a grade 5 in English, maths, science, languages and humanities and 53% of students achieved a standard pass in the EBacc suite of subjects.
When compared to national averages, the vast majority of subjects exceeded national results at both 9-7 and 9-5 grade boundaries.
Overall, 12.8% of students achieved Grade 9 in maths, 4.2% achieved a Grade 9 in English Language and 6.9 achieved a Grade 9 in English Literature, with many more grade 9s were celebrated across all subjects.
Thirty-three students achieved 5 grade 8s or equivalent across a range of subjects (equivalent to the old A* grade).
This is an excellent set of results and a testament to the enthusiasm, ambition and sheer hard work of our students and staff, and unwavering support from parents.
Many of our students have so successfully balanced their academic studies with wide-ranging participation in the arts and sport, including competing at national level, this is an absolute credit to them.
Congratulations to our 2021 cohort.
We wish them all the best for the future.
Be Kind, Work Hard, Develop Your Whole Self
You can view the DfE academy performance tables website at the following link –https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/school/141916/rushey-mead-academy