Free School Meals
Here at Rushey Mead Academy we have a number of measures in place to ensure everyone receives an equal opportunity.
Any parent/carer of children on roll at a Leicester City school, who is in receipt of any one of the following, can apply for Free School Meals:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child tax credit (provided you’re not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- The guarantee element of state pension credit
- Working tax credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit.
- Universal credit with annual net earned income of less than £7,400
The easiest and quickest way for parents who believe that they meet the eligibility criteria, is to Apply online at www.freeschoolmeals.leicester.gov.uk . We encourage parents to register your child/children even if they do not want to eat school meals, since this could help to provide vital resources for our school.
If a student is eligible, they receive their Free School Meals top-up on their ID card automatically and will be able to choose a free hot or cold meal of their choice at lunchtime. It also means the student may receive other support such as reduced costs for school trips and support with purchasing revision resources.
If you need any support in completing your application or have any questions, please contact Sophie Le-Butt, [email protected]
Pupil Premium Impact Statement
RMA Pupil Premium Strategy 2022-2023